Shabby Chic furniture is one of the easiest ways to give your old furniture a new look, feel and life. To get shabby chic furniture, you need to do the following steps.
What should I do:
- Remove the old handles (if you also want to change the handles).
- Fill in all holes, if any. You also need to leave holes where you want to place the new handles. Once you have filled the holes, you need to let them dry.
- Place the newspaper to protect the floor. You will remove the old paint and any stains. You should either do this job elsewhere, for example in the garden. When you do it in the room, you protect your floor.
- Use lightly wet or damp water to remove the dust. Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Attach the masking tape where you do not want to paint.
- Paint with primer. Let it dry for a few minutes.
- Now paint with the color of your choice and let it dry for a few minutes.
- Remove the bands carefully.
- Select the areas where you would like to have problems and sandpaper the job.
- Use the damp or slightly damp cloth again to remove the dust.
- Apply finish wax thoroughly and allow to dry for a few minutes.
- Attach the handles
- Admire the hard work and feel happy.